We are delighted to have teamed up with the folks from the Helping Hands group to bring you this years seed and plant exchange.
All around town you will find boxes outside folks houses laden with plants and seeds ready for swapping. The idea is that if you’ve got too many seeds and would like to try growing something else, you might share your surplus and find a different variety shared by a neighbour.
Us gardeners always seem to grow too many plants! What better way to share your excess with others, and also find a plant that you perhaps haven’t grown before to try.
All you have to do is bring some seeds or a plant or two (carefully labelled please), and take some seeds or a plant or two in exchange. It’s that simple.
If you don’t have anything to swap, you can leave a donation that will go to support future growing projects.
From Friday 19th March, you can find exchange boxes at the following locations, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10am – 6pm (unless stated otherwise below):
- 19 Woodland Place, CF64 2EX
- 24 Windsor Terrace, CF64 1AB ~ next to large green Coed Organic box on wall, left hand side as you come in (available everyday)
- 9 St Augustines Road, CF64 1BH
- 4 Caynham Avenue, CF64 5RR
- 84 Coleridge Avenue, CF64 2SR
- 10 Victoria Road, CF64 3EF
- 11 Church Avenue, CF64 1AZ
- 140 Windsor Road, CF64 1JN
- 115 South Road, Sully, CF64 5SP
- 8 Lower Cwrt-y-Vil Road, CF64 3HQ
Do check our website though as things do change, we will do our best to make the boxes available, but the weather or peoples lives might just make it hard one day. We are all volunteers and doing our best.
Find out more about the Growing Together network here.
If you’d like to host a box at your location, get in touch on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.